I just need to start acting like it.
If the existence of the Aztec gods Huitzilopochtli and Tezcatlipoca were definitely proven, would you participate in human sacrifice and ritual cannibalism?” —
Things I Need To Do Today
- read at least half of my government chapter
- read at least half of my English assignments
Things I Want To Do Today
- put music on my phone
- watch TV on Netflix
Things I Will Probably Do Today
- click around on the internet
- freak out because it’s 5:00 and I’ve done absolutely nothing productive and now I’m off work and headed home to watch the Stars game and continue doing nothing productive
- dread tomorrow when I will HAVE to finish my school stuff
- hate myself and my bad habits
I’m in the middle of writing my notecards for the graded speech I have to give tomorrow morning, and I took a break to write this.
What is it about Hanson? I never liked them. I hate them now, mostly out of principal but also out of a sense that I suddenly can’t escape them. Two years ago, Hanson wasn’t even a word in my vocabulary and now! Now suddenly there are people in my life who are in love with them. Friends that I talk to a lot less now because for some reason all they want to talk about is Hanson and how they travelled four hundred miles to see their 42nd Hanson show. For one thing, how can we be friends if you ignore everything we have in common to obsess about something I dislike? Also I think that kind of behavior is ridiculous. I have a few bands that I love and buy all of their albums (buy! spend actual money on in the store!) but I would never want to see them forty times in concert and I would certainly never travel across the country to do it.
Another thing that really bugs is when I start following people on Tumblr or even Twitter, thinking they’re pretty cool peoples, only to get completely flooded by Hanson pictures or songs one day. This has happened multiple times. Don’t get me wrong. I can handle people being fans of things I don’t like. I would’ve offed myself by now if I couldn’t, thanks mostly to Twilight (fucking vampires). But really I am so, so sick of hearing about how awesome cute amazing sexy wonderful those Hanson boys are. Because they are not any of those things. They are a washed up, used to be big when we were all 10 years younger, bad pop band. Sorry if this offends you, but this is 2010. Can we please leave the teenage boy band crushes in the 1990s where they belong?
Thanks so much! I was just thinking earlier that I really need to at LEAST queue up some posts. Or write more often. IDK. What do people want more of? Pictures I love, or random shit I think about? I just want to be popular, dammit.
This is pretty much in order.
- Left at 4:30am, got to San Antonio around 9:30am.
- Ate breakfast at a tiny Mexican place off the highway.
- Took a nap in a Walmart parking lot because neither of us had really slept the night before and we couldn’t check in to our hotel for another almost five hours.
- Went shoe shopping.
- Bought a little tub of cookies for $2 off a Mexican guy in the parking lot. He showed Bueno a piece of paper, which Bueno didn’t bother to read. He just wanted to buy the cookies because the guy saw him ash the bowl before he got out of the car.
- Never ate the cookies. Too risky. Might have laxatives or poison in them. Probably should’ve read that paper.
- Discovered that San Antonio has some really shady car washes.
- Sex sex sex sex.
- (Repeat daily.)
- Paid $20/night for valet parking at the hotel. Totally worth it.
- Got free hot dogs and baked potatoes.
- Enjoyed three free tequila sunrises, each, both nights we stayed there.
- Walked the entire river walk.
- Bar hopped early Friday night. Hit up six different bars/restaurants. Done by midnight. Picked up the car from valet, hotboxed the highway, back and in bed by 12:30.
- Yummy yummy egg and sausage continental breakfast.
- Bought some sunglasses on the way to the airport for Bueno’s birthday surprise.
- Actually, I have no idea where those went. Good thing they were only $10.
- Helicopter ride over downtown!!! Very very very cool. Not at all scary.
- Shopped at El Mercado. Kind of disappointing. Same shit at every booth.
- Wanted a cozy Mexican pullover. All were ugly. Again, disappointed.
- Did manage to find two pretty pairs of earrings (2 for $10 what) and a pretty flaminco dancer paper girl statue.
- Lunch on the river walk. We had to wait almost 30 min to get a table next to the river, but it was worth it.
- Spent a good hour feeding the ducks the rest of our chips and tortillas.
- Walked to the Rivercenter Mall.
- Found things to complete our outfits for later that night: white Pumas for Bueno and a black halter for me.
- Also bought the CUTEST black dress. Ruffles, zipper, pockets!
- Went back to the hotel, enjoyed our free drinks, and took a lonnnng nap.
- Went bar hopping again, late this time.
- Coyote Ugly. Would’ve been more fun if they had been playing better music. Also not as busy as you’d think at 11:30 on a Saturday night.
- Republic of Texas. Dead Friday night, packed Saturday night. Lots of people on the dance floor.
- Ended up at a table next to an older woman - I had her pegged at around 60 but she told me later she was about to be 72! - who was dancing and getting her freak on with the young cowboys at her table. So fab. Although I do wonder how I always manage to find the awesome elderly people when I’m at bars in other cities (see: Austin).
- Got Bueno on the dance floor! Always a miracle when that happens. And by “a miracle” I mean “know he’s had a few stiff drinks.”
- Bartender picked out my drink for me - Malibu and pineapple - why have I never tried that? New fav.
- The Basement. Somehow we managed to find the most ghetto club in the area. I was one of the only white girls there but who cares? Everyone was drunk and the whole place was a big dance floor. Tiny, dark, crowded, lots of slutty girls and thug boys. We fit right in.
- Stayed there until they kicked everyone out at 2am.
- Walked the two blocks back to the hotel. Really loved being able to do that.
- Bueno was determined to smoke a bowl but no way were we driving, so he managed to peel the weather seal off the very-sealed-shut window and open it. We sat on the ledge 12 stories up and smoked and relaxed and it was amazing. Possibly one of the best parts of the whole weekend.
- Slept in a little Sunday morning.
- Checked out at noon.
- Drove to the Alamo because fuck we did a lot of walking all weekend.
- Bueno puked his guts out in the middle of the street at a red light. That damn Jager.
- Checked out the Alamo. I touched the wall on the way out. Don’t tell anyone.
- Fell in love with the century-old live oak in the middle of the Alamo. The branches are all bent down and touching the ground and it’s so twisty and I want one.
- Ate at Denny’s.
- Left for home around 2pm. Bueno drove TO San Antonio, in the early morning with pretty much no traffic. I drove home and it sucked. It took an hour and forty minutes just to get to Austin and that entire hour and forty minutes was stressful. Solid, can’t-safely-change-lanes-traffic with people cutting each other off and tailgating and all of it at 60 mph AND I was driving Bueno’s car.
- Stopped at IKEA in Round Rock just to see what other IKEAs are like and to eat some yummy Swedish meatballs. Also I was tired of driving and needed a break.
- Got stuck in wreck traffic in Hillsboro. Took us an hour to go 5 miles. Shitty.
- Stopped for gas in Hillsboro. Bueno drove after that. It was 7:30pm by that point and I was so tired of driving. Finally got home about an hour later.
The end! It was a really good weekend trip overall. We ate a lot of Mexican food and drank just enough and walked more than we ever do and it was so nice to get away like that.